This role is integral to the success of our commissioning projects and requires self-directed responsibility for conducting independent field work to verify proper system installation and performance.
Cx Professionals deliver industry standard commissioning services according to the following guidelines: Washington State Energy Code (WSEC); Building Commissioning Association (BCA); AABC Commissioning Group (ACG); and local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Commissioning Technicians responsibilities may also include Testing, Adjusting, and the Balancing (TAB) of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and systems.
This role requires a high attention to technical detail, the ability to document, organize, and communicate extensive technical documentation. The physical ability to climb ladders for roof access of mechanical systems and to collect data in active zones of construction and occupied spaces without disruption to others is also another important requirement.
This role is responsible for clear, concise communication of technical deficiencies in a manner that is non-accusatory and non-inflammatory, but rather collaborative in both verbal and written forms. This is a service-oriented position that also requires poise and confidence and the curiosity and passion for trouble shooting and root cause analysis. In addition to delivering our commissioning services this role will also participate in the delivery of other services, including but not limited to: value engineering; constructability review; facility condition assessments; and clean energy solutions.
• Provide commissioning services requiring advanced knowledge of plumbing, HVAC. building automation systems, electrical distribution, lighting controls, power monitoring, and more from concept design to post-occupancy verification, with the goal of ensuring that building systems perform as designed.
• Organize, lead and facilitate commissioning meetings comprised of multi-disciplinary teams of contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers and building owners throughout the design and construction and post-occupancy of facilities.
• Provide intellectual guidance to project teams relative to building science performance in general and for mechanical, electrical systems and HVAC equipment in particular.
• Verify that design parameters, equipment submittals, and measured performance are consistent with the specification and Client's operational requirements.
• Review design and construction documents for compliance with WSEC and other applicable energy codes, as well as OPR and basis of design.
• Perform site visits of projects under various stages of construction and document items which do not meet the requirements of the design documents.
• Proactively identify project design, quality, or operational limitation discrepancies which conflict with design intent or owner requirement.
• Identify energy conservation and system optimization measures.
• Monitor construction progress and advise on planned vs. actual percent completion.
• Oversee functional testing procedures, in order to verify that system operations meet complete design intent and owner requirements.
• Develop the system training for building owners to operate and maintain their facilities.
• Inspect HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and DDC/PLC control systems and sequences to verify compliance with plans, specifications, and equipment operating requirements. Provide recommendations for corrective adjustment or balancing
• Ensure that projects are brought to their successful conclusion.
• Support other project managers as directed.
• Travel to and from jobs, walking on roofs, climbing ladders, and other strenuous body movements will be required to obtain building survey data is required for this role.
• Document observations and collate commissioning reports.
• Develop commissioning plan and lead the commissioning team on projects.
• Provide responsive and helpful assistance to clients and other team members throughout the course of contract completion.
• Work and coordinate among a diverse project team of owners, consultants, and contractors on varied projects outside of commissioning.
• Desire to help grow and expand the commissioning and consulting department
• 4-year college degree; or equivalent trade/vocational degree and work experience
• Advanced, intellectual knowledge in a field of science or learning
• Advanced knowledge acquired by a prolonged course of specialized, intellectual instruction
• Effective verbal and written technical communication skills and the consistent exercise of discretion and judgement
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge in building sciences, energy efficiency and HVAC systems
Salary Range: Exempt $75,000 - 120,000