We are seeking a skilled Project Coordinator to provide pivotal administrative support to a fast-paced busy MEP design team.
The Project Coordinator sits at the heart of the team support and is involved in all areas of the team’s work, supporting the Principal/Team Lead with general project coordination and administration by ensuring the efficient running of the team and maintaining effective administrative systems that support the lead and the engineering staff.
You will have a minimum of one year’s office experience in a similar office with outstanding communication skills and exceptional administrative skills. This role would suit a highly organized and proactive individual who understands and appreciates the important positive impact efficient systems and planning has for a team and who enjoys working collaboratively, and who is keen to gain experience in a hands-on, busy, and ambitious organization. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the AEC industry.
- Assist Team Leader and Project Managers with initial project planning and scheduling and build and maintain appropriate project tracking mechanisms.
- Provide full project life cycle administration.
- Coordinate with Marketing as necessary to ensure project proposals are accurate and thorough.
- Compile financial reports, schedule, and lead PM financial reporting meeting for monthly PIC financial reviews. Assist Project Managers and Team Lead in coordination with Accounting for additional financial report review information.
- Schedule and administer assignments of all Project Planning Meetings (PPM) and QC reviews.
- Ensure attendance at scheduled meetings and take minutes.
- Serve as a communications hub for projects, to alleviate e-mail volumes placed on the team leaders and project managers.
- Enter and update project manpower projections in Vantage Point and spreadsheets.
- Assist Project Managers and Team Lead in monitoring project budgets and financial performance, and report anomalies along with recommendations for correction.
- Create project presentations and other supporting materials.
- Oversee and/or coordinate physical and electronic file maintenance.
- Take other measures necessary to ensure timely project progress and quality control.
- Assess project, team, and organizational process flows and communications, and recommend positive changes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Job Type: Full-time