Supervisor: Operations Director
AAP Job Group: 5
Standard Billability Target: 75%
This is a support role designed to facilitate the efficient execution of engineering project administrative functions. The Project Coordinator will undertake both routine and ad hoc activities that promote team and project organization, communications, compliance, analysis, and reporting. The Project Coordinator will likely support more than one team and numerous projects simultaneously.
- Provide full project life cycle administration.
- Coordinate as necessary with Marketing to ensure project proposals are accurate and thorough.
- Assist team leaders and project managers with initial project planning and scheduling, and build and maintain appropriate project tracking mechanisms (calendars, spreadsheets, etc.); create to-do lists and calendar reminders for team members from the Project Planning meeting through Quality Control.
- Log Requests for Information and Submittals and establish necessary reminders.
- Set up conference rooms for meetings as needed.
- Ensure attendance at scheduled meetings and take minutes.
- Serve as a communications hub for projects, especially to alleviate e-mail volumes placed on the team leaders and project managers.
- Enter and update project manpower projections in Deltek and spreadsheets.
- Monitor project budgets and financial performance, and report anomalies along with recommendations for correction.
- Create project presentations and other supporting materials.
- Oversee and/or coordinate physical and electronic file maintenance.
- Take other measures necessary to ensure timely project progress and quality control.
- Assess project, team, and organizational process flows and communications, and recommend positive changes.
- Assist with maintenance and expansion of the training library.
- Coordinate proper orientation of new staff and team members.
- Track engineering licenses, certificates, and participation in trainings, seminars, lunch and learns; work with Marketing to enter this information into Deltek.
- At least 3 years of successful experience in a project administration or coordination capacity in either an engineering or architectural environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or architecture would be helpful but is not required.
- Project management certification would be strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite and MS Project or similar software.
- Familiarity with building codes and standards.
- Outstanding communication and people leadership skills.
Job duties listed are not intended to encompass full scope of position. The employee will be expected to perform other job-related duties as required. The Company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s position scope at any time.
Sazan Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Sazan Group participates in E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.