We seek a Senior Electrical Engineer (PE license required) experienced in the electrical design of a wide range of buildings and facilities to join our Portland team. This is a senior design and production role supporting engineering, project management, and other design staff to ensure that production is completed on time and within budget. While this role will not supervise employees, the senior electrical engineer will frequently serve as a project manager or discipline lead, and they will mentor junior team members.
As this will be the most senior electrical position in our office, it may come with a “manager” title, depending on experience. That would be the long-term expectation!
Responsibilities and Duties
Position duties may vary significantly from day to day but in general are likely to include:
- Prepare layouts; provide input for design proposals and drawings; and analyze and resolve design and production issues.
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and final construction drawings; determine scale and prepare layouts for detailing.
- Lead or participate in project coordination meetings with clients and internal project teams; initiate meetings when appropriate; plan, schedule and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work; deliver presentation of project status, when appropriate.
- Coordinate as necessary across a variety of building design disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and structural.
- Ensure that work is completed on time and within budget.
- Lead or contribute to the financial and logistical management of multiple projects through all design and construction phases.
- Provide technical support to other staff in areas of expertise as a trainer and mentor.
- Where project requirements dictate, determine life cycle costing, construction cost estimating, cost indexing, and project scheduling; develop fee proposals and requests for additional services when appropriate.
- Proactively pursue continued education, training, certifications, and opportunities to network within our industry; stay updated on code changes, industry trends, and technical tools that can be utilized in work.
- When required, review, stamp, and sign design documents.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals; clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
- When opportunities arise, promote the opportunity for new work.
Qualifications and Skills
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related discipline
- PE License in OR
- Relevant professional or technical background with generally 15 or more years of design experience in a professional engineering environment.
- At least limited proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and other specialty-critical software preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or in multiple project phases simultaneously.
The employee will likely be required to sit at a desk and look at computer monitors for much of the day. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may also be required. During site visits, it is possible that the employee would be engaged in the following activities:
- Long periods of standing or walking.
- Intensive stair climbing.
- Climbing vertical or freestanding ladders, holding on to the top rung with one hand and lifting a ceiling tile or opening the roof hatch with the other, while carrying flashlights, tools, drawings, a camera, and/or other items.
- Crawling over and under ductwork and piping in very cramped equipment utility rooms and mechanical mezzanines.
- Using tools to open equipment access doors.
- Walking on roofs, catwalks, and over parapets.
- Looking at details at very close or far distances.
- Listening and communicating in a loud environment.
- Using computers or other electronic devices away from a desk.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Säzän Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Säzän Group participates in E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.