This senior role directs multiple projects throughout their various phases and is responsible for their successful completion. The Project Manager 2 will draw on other members of the organization as needed to ensure efficient, profitable, timely, and technically excellent project execution. Additionally, as the primary contact with the client, they will serve as an account executive, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals for the Company.
- Direct the work of designers and engineers, including:
- Managing and distributing workload for project team.
- Forecasting workload and billing.
- Defining team roles on a given project.
- Coordinating with other teams and staff for workload.
- Take ownership of project budget management efficiency, productivity, and quality control.
- Lead project coordination meetings with clients and internal project teams; initiate meetings when appropriate; plan, schedule and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work; deliver presentation of project status, when appropriate.
- Coordinate as necessary across a variety of building design disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and structural.
- Ensure that work is completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinate as appropriate with governmental authorities to anticipate and resolve regulatory and zoning challenges.
- Lead the financial and logistical management of multiple projects through all design and construction phases, including invoice review and AR collections.
- Serve as an accessible senior point of contact for clients, and provide responsive and timely answers and solutions to client concerns.
- Apply knowledge of accepted design/drafting methods and concepts, and be familiar with engineering and design principles, terminology, and construction materials.
- Provide support to team members as a trainer and mentor.
Marketing and Business Development:
- Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals; clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
- Participate in Company-sponsored and external marketing and networking activities.
- Meet frequently with existing clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities with them or through referrals.
- For new projects, with moderate autonomy:
- Prepare fee proposals.
- Conduct contractual agreement negotiations.
- Prepare estimated manpower requirements, schedules, and other pertinent data.
- Participate in weekly manpower meetings when appropriate.
- Identify staff and organizational development needs, and conduct staff training.
- Contribute to and attend employee performance reviews.
- Serve as a role model for subordinate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, equivalent technical school training, or equivalent work experience. An engineering degree is strongly preferred.
- Relevant professional or technical background with generally 8-16 years of engineering and/or architectural project management.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with applicable building codes and engineering standards.
- At least limited proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and other specialty-critical software preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written organizational and communication skills.
- Strong comfort, and preferably experience in, account management and maintaining long-term B2B relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to design and administer multiple projects of varying size and scope simultaneously through all design and construction phases.
The employee will likely be required to sit at a desk and look at computer monitors for much of the day. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may also be required. During site visits, it is possible that the employee would be engaged in the following activities:
- Long periods of standing or walking.
- Intensive stair climbing.
- Climbing vertical or freestanding ladders, holding on to the top rung with one hand and lifting a ceiling tile or opening the roof hatch with the other, while carrying flashlights, tools, drawings, a camera, and/or other items.
- Crawling over and under ductwork and piping in very cramped equipment utility rooms and mechanical mezzanines.
- Using tools to open equipment access doors.
- Walking on roofs, catwalks, and over parapets.
- Looking at details at very close or far distances.
- Listening and communicating in a loud environment.
- Using computers or other electronic devices away from a desk.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Säzän Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Säzän Group participates in E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.